Intermediate to advanced skills level WordPress Web developer/designer to maintain/build web sites for a growing Eastern Ontario company.
The WordPress Web developer/designer is responsible for creating beautiful, functional websites for a variety of clients. By building on existing WordPress themes (or designing new ones) the WordPress Web Developer/Designer helps clients meet their business needs both functionally and aesthetically. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, who works well with others to ensure that the best possible product is launched.
Although this position is a remote worker opportunity, we are looking for someone in Eastern Ontario who is able to travel to Brockville 1-2 times per month.
We are offering continual part-time hours OR full-time for the right individual.
- Build and maintain custom websites, tweak plugins and develop new features
- Generating time estimates for any standard or non-standard requests
- Research/testing/installation and configuration of plugins
- Cross-browser compatibility testing
- Troubleshooting any issues related to WordPress websites
- Having a creative eye for what looks good
- Design modern, responsive web user interfaces for mobile and browser on WordPress
- Develop and customize elements on new and existing WordPress websites
- Master the comprehensive library of WordPress themes and plugins to meet project specifications
- Integrating third party services including ads, analytics, video, search and social media
- Working knowledge with MySQL, jQuery, Bootstrap, Font Awesome
- Experience with Graphic Design/Editing
- Ability to install various themes/plugins
- Work independently
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience designing/developing WordPress both single page and multi-page websites
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (ie. Fireworks, Photoshop)
Other Skills that would make you stand out:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Coldfusion (10 or higher)
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server
If this job ad sounds like it describes you and you enjoy working in a trusting environment in a fast-paced, high-tech industry, submit your resume at www.northnetmedia.com/careers
Please Note – Both a resume and completed application must be submitted for a candidate to be considered for this position. Download our standard application form from /wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NorthnetMedia-EmploymentApp-May2017.pdf