Posted: December 21, 2020
We are seeking an intermediate skill level WordPress Web developer with very strong graphic design skills to maintain/build web sites for a growing Eastern Ontario company.
The WordPress Web developer/designer is responsible for creating beautiful designs that will be built into WordPress themes for a variety of clients. By building on existing WordPress themes (or designing new ones) the WordPress Web Developer/Designer helps clients meet their business needs both functionally and aesthetically. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, who works well with others to ensure that the best possible product is launched.
Although this position is a remote worker opportunity, we are looking for someone in Eastern Ontario who is able to travel to Brockville 1-2 times per month.
We are offering continual part-time hours OR full-time for the right individual.
- Create beautiful designs for client specific WordPress sites
- Convert designs into child themes and page templates
- Populate WordPress sites with client content, adhering to SEO and WCAG 2.0 best practices
- Cross-browser compatibility testing
- Troubleshooting any issues related to WordPress websites
- Having a creative eye for what looks good
- Design modern, responsive web user interfaces for mobile and browser on WordPress
- Develop and customize elements on new and existing WordPress websites
- Master the comprehensive library of WordPress themes and plugins to meet project specifications
- Integrating third party services including ads, analytics, video, search and social media
- Proficient with Graphic Design/Editing programs and tools
- Working knowledge with PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Bootstrap, Font Awesome
- Excellent understanding of the WordPress platform and how themes/plugins work
- Able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Attention to detail
- Experience designing/developing WordPress both single page and multi-page websites
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (ie. Fireworks, Photoshop)
Other Skills that would make you stand out:
- Working knowledge of hosting, DNS and email server environments
- Experience with Google/Facebook Ads
- Digital marketing experience
If this job ad sounds like it describes you and you enjoy working in a trusting environment in a fast-paced, high-tech industry, submit your resume at www.northnetmedia.com/careers
Please Note – Both a resume and completed application must be submitted for a candidate to be considered for this position. Download our standard application form from /wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NorthnetMedia-EmploymentApp-May2017.pdf